Saturday, February 7, 2015

Voting or Running Mouths

Working at the Survey Research Center at High Point University, I have dealt with a lot of questions about politics and how the country is running. My biggest observation is how many people aren't registered to vote. A few questions we ask there is if you are registered to vote, how they think the country is headed, and if Barack Obama is doing a good job as President. Most people who don't think he is doing his job well are not registered to vote. But, then comes the question, if you don't like something and you have the ability to fix it, why aren't you?????? Most of the people I come across through the survey who disapprove of his job then talk a lot about why they do. I am a very open person, so I sit and listen and let them express themselves, but I truly don't understand why someone would not register to vote, and then use it. I get it if you for some reason cannot psychically vote, but if you have the opportunity to change something and put someone who you think could help our country, why wouldn't you? People die just to vote in other countries even today and we take it for granted. That bothers me. Just turning 18 I have not yet had the opportunity to vote, but I can say I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment