Monday, February 9, 2015

Alabama Marriage Restrictions

This had shown up in class and Professor Smith said this "probably won't effect us" but it does to me. I am a bisexual and my second oldest brother is gay. This article does effect me, not because I live in the state but because of the effect it can have on other parts of the country. I currently live in Connecticut, go to school in North Carolina and I am moving to Georgia in August, just as my brother will.

 Last month a case from Alabama went to court called the Judge Callie vs. Granade of Federal Court went to the Supreme Court which ruled Alabama's marriage restrictions unconstitutional. This article is definitely an interesting read, especially among those who are affected by gay rights. It talks about how people were rejected and how slowly things are moving forward in the state to accept gay marriage. Honestly, this is a wonderful read about both sides of the issue. I am all for gay marriage because I believe love is love and religious issues I could argue with people all day long.

Alabama Article

No comments:

Post a Comment