Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The March

This movie was about The March on Washington in 1963, with Martin Luther King Jr. I have seen this speech many times, it is probably his most famous. I enjoyed this movie because it told a lot of background and gave you more information than the basics of The March. Also, Denzel Washington was the perfect voice for this movie. He told everything with such depth and pride.

I do look at the march differently than I did. I never realized the scale of importance this was. I also didn't realize how much of an impact college students our age had on the huge Civil Rights Movement itself. I loved how people were coming from all of the country on buses, car pooling, basically any way to get down there

I have a lot of respect for the people who participated in any single way during the Civil Rights Movement.


Overall, this movie was packed with information and real footage of MLK Jr. which was very cool to see. It is a good movie to show in class when discussing the Civil Rights Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment